Monday, January 31, 2011

My 31st Birthday

Well, another year has come and gone and since I am pregnant with baby #2, I guess I don't feel too old.....Yes, I am 31. Almost three years older than when I had Leo and I think I have learned some things since then....
1. No matter how much I love my job and want to make everything perfect for my students, Leo and Salvo are the most important people in my life and they WILL always come first.
2. I'm becoming more and more like my mom (D.P.) all the time, it's not a bad thing :)
3. I REALLY miss my sister Nicole especially when we have parties like this and there just seems to be something missing.....love you Skitch!
4. Life is what you make it & attitude IS everything (I know, a cliche' but soooooo true)

Anyway, enough about the lessons my 30's have brought me, back to the party. My mom and dad hosted and the house looked as charming as ever!
Mmmmmmm, yet one more of life's enjoyments off limits while pregnant.....oh well, 5 more months or so :)
These are my mom's Shrimp and Avocado Crostini!! They were DELISH and I was not hungry for dinner since I ate like 6 of them!
The hostess with the mostest!
The best part of the party of course was the people! Here are a few shots of the fam! The short one with the monkey is especially handsome!
Me and my Besties!
The Giacalone Men
The Ladies!
The Pidgeon Men & Ba June
Leo, Monkey, and Ba June reading a story....this one is precious!
My two boys! I love them!
Thanks to my mom and dad for hosting such a fun and relaxing evening for this old girl! I loved every second and feel so blessed. Here's to another year filled with family, fun and food of course, haha! Looking forward to baby #2 arriving this summer and all of the adventures having two kids brings....yikes!!
Ciao!! xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great birthday celebration! The food looked soooo good, maybe you should post the recipe?!? Happy happy birthday friend! You are such an old lady. And I can say that because I'm ONLY 28...until February...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristi! I think my mom posted the recipe on facebook a few weeks ago. Look for it on her wall! Hope all is well with you guys. We'll plan a get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Sheryl! You are posting again!!! Great pics.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!