Friday, February 12, 2010

Berry-Pecan Chicken Salad

O.K. I don't have a picture of this salad, but trust me, it's delicious! I served it our Valentine's lunch today.....

Dressing:

3 Tbs. red wine vinegar

2 Tbs. seedless raspberry jam

1 tsp. dijon mustard

1/4 cup EVOO

1/8 tsp. kosher salt

1/8 tsp. black pepper

Salad:

1 bag mixed greens (5-6 oz.)

1/2 cup sugared pecans (sold in produce section of grocery store by the croutons)

1 cup blueberries

1 cup sliced strawberries

1 lb cooked chicken breasts (sliced into strips)

1 cup sugar snap peas (cut in half)

To Assemble:

Mix first three ingredients for dressing together in small bow. Then slowly whisk in EVOO and salt and pepper. Set aside.

For the salad, layer in chicken, pecans, blueberries, strawberries, and sugar snap peas. Toss with mixed greens. Then add dressing and toss to coat. Enjoy!!!!

P.S. I doubled the recipe to serve 4 and have some left over!

3 comments:

  1. So when can I come over for the leftovers??? This salad was amazing people!! Delicious and nutritious! I can't wait to make this one. Thanks for posting Sheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the most delicious salad..and I can't wait to make it. Thanks for taking the time to get this posted Sheryl and again thanks for the great lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem!
    Kristi, I did have some for breakfast this morning...he he! It was really good, I am making a simpler version tonight for our Valentine's dinner. Have a great one guys!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!