Thursday, September 22, 2011

And Baby Makes Four


Dear Aiden,

You were born on July 1, 2011. It was a Friday. It was HOT! Mommy and Daddy were so excited to finally meet you and see your tiny face for the first time. The week before your birth Mommy was in and out of the hospital for blood pressure monitoring and to make sure you were o.k. Everything was fine of course and my c-section was scheduled for the following Friday. This was the Friday before The 4th of July so my doctor had several cancellations that day and so decided to move the c-section up a few hours. Daddy rushed to get his scrubs on and was so nervous, but he was mostly anxious about the surgery and wanted both of us to be o.k. We were. Here we are ready to go in to the operating room. Gammy, Papa, Grandma, Grandpa, Auntie Nicole, and Auntie Lindsay weren't even at the hospital yet!
At 11:30 you were born and you were perfect! You weighed 8 lbs and 1 oz. We were so happy to hear your little cry and couldn't wait to see you. You looked just like your big brother and our family was forever blessed! Daddy and I were so happy to have you here!
Daddy stayed with you while the doctors took care of Mommy. The surgery went fine and we were headed to recovery.
Right from the start you were a perfect baby! You would eat and went right back to sleep. You liked being swaddled tight and laying on Mommy's chest. You hardly ever cried in the hospital. All the nurses thought you were a great baby! I was in love with you and couldn't stop staring at you. I missed Leo though. This was the first time ever I had spent the night away from him! I couldn't wait for him to meet you!
On July 4th we were being discharged from the hospital and I was SO happy to be going home to our house and to my own bed!!! We had everything ready for you and Grandma and Grandpa were home with Leo. Daddy got you buckled in to your carrier and we got on the road. It was a beautiful hot day. After being in the hospital for 4 days, I was so happy to breathe in some fresh air.
We were on our way.......
When we got home, Leo was rediculously excited to have Mommy, Daddy, and you home! He wanted to hold you and look at you right away. He was suddenly a big brother after being the baby for 2 1/2 years, and he jumped right into it.

Daddy was and still is so proud of you and Leo. He loves you both and can't wait to teach you new things and make new memories with his two boys!
You are so dear to my heart and I love being your Mommy! You have made our family complete and I didn't know we weren't complete until God blessed us with you. For now and forever you will remain this way, close to my heart.
Always remember: "No one else will EVER know the strength of my LOVE for you. After all, you're the ONLY ONE who knows what my Heart sounds like from the inside......"
Welcome to the world sweet boy.
Love Always,
Mommy
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that was so cute! Congrats again Sheryl, you have the most beautiful family. Can't wait to hang out again!

    PS...your blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Kristi! I love reading all about your family too! Wish I could take as beautiful pics as you though :) see you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!