Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Staying at Home

Sometimes it's fun to just chill out and stay home. Yesterday I decided that we were going to eat and play at home. I rummaged through my pantry and fridge and found a bunch of things I have had on hand and never made anything with. I started with Oatmeal Cranberry cookies...I just followed the Quaker Oats recipe on the lid and added cranberries and walnuts......they came out quiet yummy and Leo even helped me.                                
He also ate Trix cereal while I baked....
 Then, I started looking for things to make dinner with. I found all of this and decided to make Lemon-Gralic Pasta. That pasta is a spinach pasta that I picked up on the organic aisle. It was DELISH!! The dinner was very yummy! 
  Here is Leo helping with the cookies.....he was in charge of flour.
 He LOVEd this and I liked teaching him all about measuring things out for baking. 
 Aiden was still  napping, so we decided to have a picnic in the family room and watch Toy Story 3. 
 After lunch and Aidy was wake we went out in the front yard for some fun in the sun!

 Leo just started riding his bike A LOT! He was always disinterested in it until a few weeks ago. Now he is a riding fool!

 Aiden was happy just sitting in the stroller and watching.


 It was very warm outside and we were tired afterwards, so we had Otter Pops in the garage. IT was Leo's nap time, so we went in and he had no problem laying down to rest. 
 However............isn't this face to die for!!!!
 Aiden was not ready for his afternoon nap yet, so he wanted to crawl up and down the stairs....his new favorite thing to do that is so frustrating and causes constant panic in my heart! I thought I would follow him and tire him out......it worked.
After about 5 times going up and down the stairs, he was ready for his nap and I was ready for a break!!! (i.e. take a shower, fold the laundry, clean up the dishes that we dirtied this morning and blog!)
It was a fun day at home with the kids! We all enjoyed it. Now, off to make another lunch...maybe we'll have a picnic again :)

Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!